I want to mention that you can find a more detailed version of this article in our blog - https://stripo.email/blog/template-kits-or-how-to-get-template-guidelines-and-brand-assets-in-one-place/.
You can automatically generate a brand book for your emails for free. Brand Guidelines is like a Statute for all email coders, designers, and email marketers on your team who are involved in email production.
Brand Guidelines is our totally new feature to help:
a) you build brand consistent newsletters regardless of what agency or email designer you hire for building your future campaigns;
b) designers easily get used to rules and requirements for emails of any brand and will build those emails in no time;
c) make on boarding of new teammates go easier and faster.
You can generate the Brand Guidelines for any project of yours within just a minute totally for free.
How to generate a Brand Guidelines for your projects?
This is a very simple process, actually.
To start working on your Brand Guidelines, click your profile icon in the upper right corner, then enter the Brand Guidelines tab.
The Brand Guidelines
First of all, you need to work on the design of your Brand Guidelines PDF file.
Here you can:
- enter your company name — you can call it anything you want. It could be the name of a project or organization you build the Brand Guidelines for. It is important that you remember its name or even copy it as you’ll need it later;
- insert your logo;
- specify your contact information, including links to social media profiles;
- to add an extra field for entering contact information, please click the «Plus» icon, then click the arrow to choose the type of the link in the drop-down list:
To leave this tab, just click the «Brand Guidelines» button at the top of the page.
On the main page you can Preview, Download, Delete your Brand Guidelines kits and apply settings for each Guidelines kit.
The Create a new Brand Guidelines tab
Please enter the Create a new Brand Guidelines kit tab.
Here you need to:
- enter your company name — make sure it repeats the name you just entered in the previous tab;
- in the drop-down menu, select a necessary project if you have many;
- our system shows how many templates are there in the chosen project of yours. Here you can also see the number of modules that you or your teammates have previously saved to your personal Modules library for this particular project;
- if you like, you may add one more template in your Guidelines PDF file — please choose it from the drop-down list. If you need even more, then click the «Plus» icon, and again select a necessary template from the drop-down list;
- in the Appearance tab choose a primary template and set a primary color by default.
The styles of the selected template will be indicated as the primary ones in the Guideline.pdf document
Please be advised that if you find one email template right enough for your PDF file, then make sure to «include» the template that you’ve just set for your Email template guidelines.
By clicking on these buttons, you can download Brand Guidelines kit and open it in the preview mode.
- also you can connect next Additional assets:
- include thumbnail images of the modules;
- include separate HTML and CSS files for each module;
- include PDF files generated for each template;
- include separate HTML and CSS files for each template;
- include minified HTML files
- include inbox preview images of every template taken with Email on Acid
Here, you can download your own files from your computer, which will be included in the archive of the exported project. It can be various descriptions and instructions to consumers, source codes with design, used images in a vector and other.
Here in the Referencing to Stripo settings you can decide whether you want those who will have access to the Template Guidelines file to be able to view your email templates on the web and enable them to enter the editor to start working on new emails right from the Guidelines file.
If yes, toggle respective buttons at the bottom of the Template Kits Settings Tab in the Referencing to Stripo section:
What you get in your Brand Guidelines Kit archive
Here’s the contents of the Brand Guidelines Kit I’ve just generated for Stripo:
Folder 1. Guidelines.pdf
This file goes with the table of contents on page 4.
In this document, we enumerate all the design styles that you used in the chosen template. They are divided into sections for your convenience: headings, headers, buttons, info area, mobile view styles, etc.
In the Template section of your Guidelines file, you can preview your template or even go to the editor to start working on a new template or edit this one, of course, if you have enabled these options in the «Referencing to Stripo» page when working on the Guideline appearance.
In the Modules area, you see the list of all the modules that have been downloaded with this archive.
And the file ends with your contact information. In case any person at any time needs your help or clarification, he or she will know how to reach out to you.
Folder 2. Start.html
This file lets you go to the Guideline.pdf or directly to templates.
It also contains your contact information.
Folder 3. Templates
Just like the Modules folder, this one provides you with:
- separate files with the CSS and HTML codes of a respective module;
- file with the CSS inlined into the HTML code — you can use any;
- PDF file of this particular template.
Here is our video How to Get Template Guidelines and Brand Assets in Stripo: